Saturday, March 5, 2011

Relaxing

I'm sitting here enjoying a nice, quiet evening with my guys. John's on the computer doing some recording, which he loves doing. Sean's sprawled out on the floor chattering away to his dad about his Bakugan, which he loves doing. I'm sitting here listening to music in my headphones and hearing them through it, which I love doing. So it's a win-win-win. Of course, at this hour Sean should be in bed long since but as it's 80 degrees in the house with all the windows and the door open and the fan running in his room that obviously isn't happening any time soon.

One of the things John is doing is putting all of my music onto a flashdrive for me so I can listen to it while I'm on the computer. They always tease me about my "drunken Irish music" but I have a lot of other music on there. I usually listen to music on YouTube while I'm on the computer. I am finding lately that my musical tastes have changed. I still like the old music I used to listen to but not as much. Lately I find that I am enjoying listening to music in other languages. I think part of the reason is that I can't understand it so my brain can just enjoy the sound of the music. I look up the lyrics for an English translation to make sure I'm not listening to something I wouldn't like if it were in English but then after that I don't worry about it. I also find that I am enjoying a lot of the modern Christian music. It is also very relaxing to listen to.

Lately ways to relax have become very important to me as Sean has been quite a handful lately. I think I need to take a leaf from the book of a lady whose blog I follow and go back to starting my day by reading my Bible. I used to do that and it set a nice tone for my day but I've gotten away from it for various reasons. I think I'm going to start doing it again this week and see if I can keep up with it this time. My problem is that I'm one of those people who winds up stopping when I miss a few days here and there rather than just not worrying about it and keeping going. This time I'm going to try not to let that happen.

That's about it from our corner of the world. Hope all is going well with everyone and that the week to come is full of blessings for all of you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If for whatever reason you can't read your Bible daily, try listening. I subscribe to the Daily Audio Bible through iTunes; you can also listen at their website (www.dailyaudiobible.com).

Wilma said...

Thank you! I think I'm going to try to do it on the computer because every time I sit down with a book of any sort it seems like a certain young man is right at my shoulder needing something "right now!" LOL